Speak with Impact: How to Command the Room and Influence Others
Looking for the resources mentioned in the book? Sign up here and we will notify you as soon as they are available
Now Available with HarperCollins Leadership,
Allison Shapira’s New Book
Available at Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble
- Kickstart the creative process
- Compose a clear and concise message
- Engage your audience through storytelling and humor
- Banish filler words and uptalk
- Strengthen and project your voice
- Use breathing techniques to overcome stage fright
- Use effective body language
- Build your executive presence
- Deliver presentations with confidence and authenticity
When you know what to say and how to say it, people listen. Find your powerful voice… and step into leadership. Speak with impact.
Praise for Speak with Impact
Allison Shapira has become not only a master of public speaking but one of the best speech coaches in the U.S. In this new book, she provides a clear, practical roadmap for those who want to have impact in today’s clamorous world. If you want to excel on your feet, read this, keep this, and read again.
– David Gergen, CNN Senior Political Analyst, Harvard Kennedy School Professor of Public Service, and former White House Advisor to four presidents
Allison can and has proved that anyone can learn to lead; it all starts with your voice.
– Jordan Hewson, Founder, Speakable
If you want to improve your public speaking, spend a few hours with Allison’s book. It’s loaded with good advice and tricks of the trade that will help you up your game.
-Dan Heath, co-author of Made to Stick and The Power of Moments
The brilliance of Speak with Impact is in its simple genius. Allison’s lessons are by nature specific, practical, and transferable. With Allison’s help, I was able to arm my team with the proper tools needed to enhance their presentations skills and build self-assurance in public speaking.
-Deborah Dugan, CEO, (RED)
Allison has written a practical and thoughtful guide to public speaking that equips the reader with a powerful set of tools that are applicable to any presentation or speaking opportunity. Allison successfully blends her narrative voice with key takeaways that I found to be incredibly useful.
– Bruce Soll, Counselor, L Brands
Allison Shapira’s new book is as much about leadership as it is about public speaking. She prods us to ask tough questions: what do we want to accomplish, who is our audience, why should they listen to us? And then she makes us critique ourselves and test our messages with the audience. I wish I had met her years ago.
– Geraldine Laybourne, Media Entrepreneur, First President, Nickelodeon, Co-founder, Oxygen
Reading Speak with Impact is like having a one-on-one session with a master trainer in public speaking. Allison Shapira’s practical advice and well-hewn insights are captured on every page and will give novice speakers confidence and seasoned veterans a stronger voice.
– Jeffrey Seglin, Senior Lecturer and Director, Harvard Kennedy School Communications Program
Allison skillfully commands the attention of her audiences with professionalism, grace, humor, and insight. Through Speak with Impact, she provides pragmatic tools, practical advice, and examples that will help readers build powerful public speaking skills.
– Zoë Dean-Smith, Vice President, Economic Empowerment & Entrepreneurship, Vital Voices Global Partnership